The Borenius team provides all round advice and representation at all stages of construction projects, from initial planning through dealing with the municipal construction authority to putting the completed construction into operation plus post-construction matters such as guarantees for elimination of defects. Our lawyers have in-depth practical experience in reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts required at various stages of the construction process, including planning and supervision, and are prepared to assist with drafting construction contracts of all kinds – from simple residential buildings to specific engineering structures. Our experience covers representing stakeholders in the construction process, including contracting authorities, general contractors and sub-contractors. Our real estate lawyers are proficient both in drafting individual construction contracts serving highly specific needs and also conventional standard contracts, such as FIDIC. We are experienced in adapting construction contracts to public procurement laws and drafting documentation for construction procurements. Additionally, Borenius ensures representation in construction administrative processes such as contesting decisions of the construction authority over construction permit issues and in other construction disputes.
- Routine representation of SIA Energoremonts Rīga in preparing and negotiating construction, planning and supply contracts, e.g. in connection with TEC-1 and TEC-2 reconstruction
- Representing VAS Valsts nekustamie īpašumi as the public partner in a matter relating to construction and lease of the State Revenue Service administrative building
- Day-to-day legal assistance to SIA DEPO projekts on planning and supervision matters
- Representing the operator of retail chains IKI and Cento in multiple construction-concerned administrative processes and in a dispute with SIA Landekss
- Representing the University of Latvia in preparing construction contract for an academic centre in Tornkalns