We advice on issues related to freedom of speech, private life, inviolability of honour and dignity, protection of journalistic sources and other media and privacy law concerned issues. We consult and draft opinion on issues concerning regulation of electronic, printed and internet media and render legal assistance in signing of diverse contracts related to the agenda of media, e.g., author’s contracts, contracts with producers, advertising agencies and mass media.
We represent our clients in relations with the National Council of Mass Media and other institutions, likewise ensure representation in lawsuits for freedom of speech, reputation and privacy violations.
- Legal assistance to MTG group companies TV3, VIASAT, and Star FM regarding all types of media rights and legal proceedings concerned
- Representation of the Latvian National Television in a lawsuit concerning publication of photo images during a broadcast
- Representation of a journalist in defending her rights and interests in connection with the eventual violation of journalistic immunity; drafting of a statement of claim to the European Court of Human Rights concerning violation of the rights to freedom of expression and privacy
- Representation of the news agency BNS Latvija in a compensation claim seeking recall of information and compensation of moral detriment
- Representation of journalists in diverse legal proceedings arising out of compensation claims for recall of information and compensation of moral detriment
- Legal assistance to independent producer groups concerning different media rights and other legal proceedings concerned issues
- Representation of a client in a libel suit against a mass media
- Drafting of presentation materials for internet and printed media on the breach of our clients’ privacy rights, violation of honour and respect