Advising clients on compliance of consumer contracts to regulatory acts on protection of consumer rights. We provide conclusions on advertising and commercial practices of clients and their competitors. We provide conclusions on consumer rights, including lending to customers. We represent clients in disputes with customers, including assistance in drafting replies to customers’ applications and claims. Representation of clients in the Consumer Rights Protection Centre. We provide representation of clients in court proceedings on alleged violations of consumer rights and appeals against decisions of the Consumer Rights Protection Centre. We assist our clients in challenging decisions of the advertising law supervision institutions and appealing against them. Provision of information to clients about the latest changes of the regulatory framework, drafting standard contracts for clients, as well as organization of workshops and trainings on the issues of consumer and advertising rights for the clients’ staff and management.
- Reviewing of client’s standard contracts and approval with the Consumer Rights Protection Centre for the purpose of excluding unfair contractual terms
- Day-to-day legal assistance to one of the largest media groups operating in Latvia regarding consumers’ complaints and advertising
- Day-to-day legal assistance to personal vehicle dealer concerning consumer complaints and advertising. Drafting of explanations to consumers’ applications, representation before the Consumer Rights Protection Centre, assessment of advertising campaign materials etc
- Drafting of legal opinion on compliance of consumer lending services, incl., compliance of the terms of consumer crediting contracts with the Consumer Rights Protection Law and other applicable regulations
- Representation in the administrative proceedings on appeal of the results of a tender organized by the National Council of Electronic Mass Media on broadcasting permits in a radio frequency in Riga