Regulation of state aid
Advising clients on issues related to the state aid. We help clients to assess the compliance of the particular situation to the prohibition of provision of the state aid under the applicable regulatory framework. Drafting applications to the European Union institutions, as well as representing clients in responsible institutions and courts. Provision of information to clients on the latest developments, as well as arrangement of workshops on topical issues related to the regulatory framework applicable to the state aid.
Advising clients on compliance of agreements to the Latvian and European Union competition regulations, as well as representation of clients at the Competition Council and the European Commission. Provision of assistance for evaluation of a possible situation of the dominant position and representation in cases on misuse of the dominant position. We assess whether a report on the merger of market participants should be submitted on a transaction and also draft such reports and represent clients in the proceedings of evaluation of a merger report. We provide representation in court proceedings on alleged violations of the Competition Act and appeals concerning decisions by the Competition Council. Provision of information to clients on the latest changes in the regulatory framework, drafting of internal regulations for ensuring compliance to the competition law, as well as arrangement of workshops and trainings on the competition law issues for the clients’ staff and management.
- Representation of AS Latvijas Krājbanka in the Competition Council by filing a notification on acquisition of decisive influence over the insurer AAS Baltikums Dzīvība and receiving clearance for implementation of the transaction
- Filing of a merger notification to the Competition Council, resulting in its decision to allow the merger of the companies Universal Pictures Holdings UK Limited (Universal Pictures) and Sparrowhawk Holdings Limited (Sparrowhawk)
- Representation of Nutricia International B.V. in the Competition Council for receipt of clearance for its merger with SIA Amaija
- Legal assistance to Itella Corporation, by notifying the Competition Council on acquisition of 100% shares of AS Nacionālais Maksājumu centrs
- Rendering of legal assistance to Contaq Latvian Cable Holding concerning the potential merger of IZZI and Baltkom group companies and obtaining clearance from the Competition Council
- Representation of SIA Baltic Multi Media in the case resulting in the decision of the Competition Council on termination of the case on prohibited agreement in the operations of TV wholesaler SIA Baltic Multi Media
- Legal assistance to SIA DFTS Serviss (former SIA DDB Latvia) and McCann Erickson in the case on appeal of the decision of the Competition Council on establishing existence of a prohibited agreement between advertising agencies. Litigation in the case was terminated, by executing a respective administrative agreement conforming the interests of the client
- Legal assistance to SIA BSM Konsultanti in the case, where the Competition Council decided to terminate examination of the case on existence of a prohibited agreement
- Representation of VAS “Latvijas valsts meži” in the Competition Council regarding the alleged violation of a dominant position, whereby the Competition Council took the decision on termination of the case
- Representation of AS Nasdaq OMX Riga regarding the alleged violation of a dominant position, whereby the Competition Council took the decision on termination of the case